Services Provided by Cancer Navigators
- Social support services – Our navigators assist patients with insurance and financial services – completing applications for Medicare, Medicaid, Disability, and SSI; researching patient grants based on diagnosis and employment history
- Counseling – A licensed clinical social worker is on staff to counsel patients.
- Complementary Care Program – massage, acupressure, music therapy, stress management
- Nutrition – referrals to food pantries; Liquid nutrition is available to patients undergoing treatment and struggling to eat; nutrition counseling
- Transportation – gas cards or bus vouchers to assist with transportation to treatments
- Medical supplies and wigs, caps, hats, scarves
- Transformations retreat series – daylong & multi-day retreats to renew, connect and learn
- Weekly stress management patient support group – For patients to encourage one another
- Paint Out Cancer monthly art therapy – For patients and caregivers to help reduce stress
- Monthly Caregiver Support Group – To assist caregivers in caring for themselves
- iTHRIVE Plan for cancer prevention after treatment – Personalized guide to a healthy lifestyle after treatment
Call the Cancer Navigators Office at 706.509.5040 to schedule an appointment or for more information.