Tailgating For Cancer Features Fun Football Theme
The Sept. 29 Tailgating for Cancer event will include music, food, spirits and an auction, all for a good cause.
The celebration will honor individuals who helped the organization grow. Although Cancer Navigators will benefit, the party is less of a fund-raiser and more of a friendraiser.
The event will include a silent auction, but raising money is not the goal. The goal is to provide a social event for the community, while honoring those who helped build-up Cancer Navigators.
At Tailgating for Cancer, attendees can expect:
- Music by Rome DJ Services
- Food by Impressions Catering
- Beer and wine
- A silent auction
- Johnson-Riddle award presentation
Participants are urged to wear attire or colors representing their favorite college team.
This event will take place from 6 – 10 p.m. at The Farm, 2979 Big Texas Valley Road, NW, Rome, GA. Ticket prices are as follows:
- Individual tickets – $75
- Couple tickets – $125
- Tent for 10 – $1000 (Includes a personal tent with banner name of family or organization, special items, and a cooler with your drink of choice.
The following people will be honored during the Johnson-Riddle Award presentation, named in honor of Wesley Johnson and Kandi Riddle:
- Kurt Stuenkel, President and CEO of Floyd Medical Center
- Kenna Stock, CEO of Harbin Clinic
- Buddy Bagley
- Reed Biggers
- Paul Brock, M.D.
- Ethel Evans
- Virginia Harman
- Matt Mumber, M.D.
- The Johnson Family
- Mimi Richards
- The Riddle Family
- Tommy Simpson, M.D.
- Dan Sweitzer
- Fred Taylor
- Lee Walburn
- Thad Watters
- Dot Williams-Jordan
- Dee Yancey