Our customized one-on-one navigation means we can do a needs assessment and see what resources you might qualify for and what answers we may be able to get for you on other matters. We can provide many services to you free of charge. Please visit us at 255 W 5th St. in Rome at the Harbin Clinic cancer Center on the 3rd floor or call us at 706-295-4119 to arrange your appointment today.
Reasons to Visit Cancer Navigators
- You and/or your caregiver would like to participate in support groups or retreats
- You want counseling
- You check off on the doctor’s form that you are nervous and depressed
- You or your family needs someone to talk to
- You have limited family support
- You are reacting emotionally in a way that you can’t understand
- You need help locating community resources
- You are hungry or malnourished
- You are choosing between food and medicine
- You have no insurance
- You are disabled, but not receiving benefits
- You have transportation issues
- You can’t afford you medicines
- You are worried about medical bills
Research shows that complementary therapeutic methods can be extremely effective for decreasing anxiety and stress, and improving fatigue and physical functioning for individuals undergoing cancer treatment. These services have special benefits for cancer patients, who are already experiencing both physical and emotional issues during their treatment. As part of their care plan, physicians may refer patients to Cancer Navigators’ for participation in a new complementary care program.
The program provides the following complementary services at no cost to the patient, with the specific service tailored to the patient’s individual symptoms:
- Music therapy
*Only the first massage is covered at no-cost for all patients.
Our service navigators
Denise Powers, LCSW